Tuesday 15 May 2012

Goodbye...

It has most certainly been a VERY tough time for me this past month, hence I haven't been here very much. Sadly, Maisy has passed away on 10th April.


She slowly drifted away in her dreams that night and when I went downstairs, I was at least happy to see all her pain gone. She was a fairly old rabbit and to be quite honest, I knew this day was going to come soon...


It was just that I couldn't bear to let go of her.... I believe she is in safe hands now with God eating all the carrots she had wished for.


The past 8 years with Maisy has been incredible ever since I had adopted her. I still have the memory of taking her back home with me in a little cardboard box. She was ever so tiny then and she was just like my best friend! She was my first and most amazing rabbit.


One of my favourite memories with her was coming down every morning and seeing her run around the cage with a piece of newspaper in her mouth. - I guess she was doing a bit of morning exercise?! It made my day literally every day and the way her little flopped ears flapped about as she ran really made me laugh, even now as I am writing this!






















I went to a pet show during the weekend where I saw many rabbits. They were all so cute and reminded me of the good times I had with Maisy. No one can replace her and I'll always remember her little twitching whiskers! All I have to say now is to treasure the two adorable rabbits I have now :)


We have had such happy memories together and I will not ever forget this truly amazing rabbit. I will miss you so much Maisy and remember to be a good girl!

Lots of love, xox.

 

1 comment:

  1. I literally cried while reading this. God bless Maisy. I didn't know her but wish her all the best where she is now

    ReplyDelete